While interactive eBooks are much more dynamic, engaging, and trackable than PDF eBooks, they require a somewhat different approach when it comes to execution. At Ceros, we see a lot of content marketers using the same approach they follow when creating static content on their Ceros projects. This approach usually results in an interactive eBook that doesn’t fully take advantage of the platform’s capabilities.
While interactive elements and graphics can enhance an ebook, the content itself must be compelling. Otherwise, all the other parts are just a glossy finish. Ebook examples that use compelling content will be able to grab the reader’s attention much easier. Turn your content into a narrative that makes it easy to follow. Fill your text with interesting facts that will get the reader to think. The more fascinating the content, the more likely the reader will want to share it with others—and that means even more people will be reading your material.
Add these buttons to each page of your ebook -- either in the header or the footer -- so readers can easily share the book with their social networks no matter how far through it they've read. Just be sure you're sharing links to the ebook's landing page -- not thank-you page -- if it's gated content. HubSpot's ebooks, for example, include social sharing buttons for LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter on each page. For help in creating these social media buttons for your ebooks, check out this handy guide .
4. The value of intimacy. All other publishing systems require the author and his reader to be located inside separate spaces in the digital universe. We have solved this problem of lack of intimacy and privacy by including an Author and Reader Forum right inside the same mobile application. The forum has all the features of a Goodreads, but the reader and author are not relegated to a separate group within a much larger playing field of authors and readers. The communication is between one author and his subscribed readers–not between thousands of “Goodreads Authors” and the distracted readers who subscribe to Goodreads.com. Again, this saves the publisher and reader a lot of communication headaches as well as making the sending and receiving of digital content a private and meaningfully simple affair. Thoreau would be proud!
The Embellisher eReader provides a ton of ready-made templates for its publishers and authors. It just rolled-out its Family Love Time Capsule template for families who want a private way to exchange their movies, photos and other media to each other. Authors will also enjoy the Forum inside the Embellisher because it allows for the formation of direct communications with their readers—right inside the eReader app. Book clubs, Author Q&A, and even live presentations from brick-and-mortar locations can be included in this dynamic social gathering place. Also, it’s private and secure, unlike Facebook or all the other proprietary social websites. Your membership includes this privacy and Author and Reader Forum for instant communications. This was of prime concern to author Jim Musgrave, as he understand that an indie author’s niche readers are of special importance to their integrity and to their feedback.
Kotobee is a universal eBook creating and publishing software for the authors, novelist, writers, etc. For its advanced level of features and functions, Kotobee is said to be the most comprehensive solution for interactive eBook creation. Kotobee is in fact a technology suite providing interactive eBook creators and solutions suiting any individual or organization needs. The four main products being offered by the Kotobee are Kotobee Author, Kotobee Publisher, Kotobee…
If you’re publishing an e-book, it’s obvious you’re a skilled writer, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other skilled writers out there. If you have a great online resource that you want to share with your followers, include an external hyperlink in your e-book. (Let that source know, too, and hopefully they’ll promo your content to their followers.)
9. Use dingbats or images for your scene breaks. Simple asterisks look unprofessional (although, truth be told, most readers don't care), and empty lines look accidental and can be confusing if they occur on a page break. A dingbat or an image will make your ebook stand out, and you can use something that represents an element of your book. Click here for instructions on how to create the perfect scene break using the Jutoh software. (Note: the first paragraph after a scene break should not be indented.)
Also it wants a table of contents even if your book does not need it. And it is biased towards EPUB books not the more popular MOBI format. It is crash prone and extremely complex to try to use with a fairly high learning curve. It wants to duplicate the functions of a word processor as well as try to convert the file. All in all too elaborate of a program and not worth the bother. There are plenty of free alternatives out there on the internet to convert your eBook far more easily than this.
7. The value of marketing the final products: the eBooks. Once again, I found this value so important that I wrote a separate Slideshare on the topic. The “big 5” makes this aspect of the business the cornerstone of their enterprise, and yet they are not spending the money to innovate digitally the way we have at EMRE Publishing. They simply give the author a website and a book page and tell them, “Go ahead, make your own promotions.” Little time, money or educational effort is spent to train their authors on how to use the digital marketing tools properly. We do this, and it does pay off in more sales, more intimacy between the author and reader, and a happier reader experience.
That same year, 2012, the final 3.01 version of ePub3 was approved by the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). One of the best creations to come out of that new standard was the open source Readium Chrome eReader. It was this invention that led to EMRE Publishing, LLC and our development of the Embellisher™ Mobile Creation, Publishing and Marketing System. We have answered all of the criticisms made in Pontin’s article, so please allow me to go over them, one-at-a-time:
We've talked before about the importance of including social sharing buttons on your marketing content. Sure, the landing page behind which you gate your ebook is a great place for these buttons, but why not also stamp them onto the pages of your ebooks as well? It makes sense, right? A potential reader might not feel comfortable sharing your ebook before they've read it and know they like the content, but while they're reading it? That's a different story.
Another flip book maker that lets you to create interactive eBooks. It’s an HTML5 digital publishing platform, where you can embed the content with hyperlinks, multimedia, images and animation. It provides a free online hosting service, allowing you to publish your books online even if you do not have a website. Your eBooks can be accessed on all devices and web browsers. FlipHTML5 is a free tool and can convert PDF, MS Office, OpenOffice and Images to HTML5, making your eBook more interactive. It also enables you to create a custom domain for your eBook.
1. It’s portable. In other words, when you use other methods of creating eBooks, buying eBooks and selling eBooks, you have to hassle through a lot of “not-so-simple” logins, separate devices, and other confusing (to the non-nerd) steps in order to read an eBook. The Embellisher™ system is a mobile app that contains everything a publisher and his readership needs to enjoy both conventional and enhanced (embellished) eBooks.
MS Word To EPUB Converter has the facility to convert MS Word files to ePub format. It is one of the simplest eBook maker applications where you can make your own eBook for free. It provides a simple to use UI with limited functionalities. Just click on “Add Word files” to choose an MS Word document from your computer as well as select an output directory to save your converted eBook. So initiate the converting process and get an ePub output file in no time. The progress bar of the program displays the completion of the task. The program does not provide any other option apart from MS Word to ePub conversion. It is a light version but you can convert an MS Word file without limitation.
For our first dispatch of 2019, we’ve assembled enough Google Design goodies to put a spring in your step. Our roundup includes a big story on Waymo—exploring how the company’s designers built a brand new UX playbook to foster user trust; an artful interview with technologist John Maeda on agile leadership; and deep insights from UX Director Margaret Lee, who penned an essay on how her immigrant upbringing shaped her take on leadership. We also compiled a fresh selection of “5 Things to Love Right Now”—curated by San Francisco-based designer Shannon May. Dig in for a new bloom of insights and inspiration.Subscribe to the Google Design Newsletter
So, I'm trying to activate, it simply won't work. I email support, 3-4 days of no help. It was written that I'll get a response in 24 hours or less, that was false. Without activating the product, you cannot export your eBook anywhere. I'm pretty displeased. I'll be updating this review in a week or so, maybe five days or less to inform you if the problem was handled or not. As of now, definitely not worth the money.
When you’re selling products online, professional eBook design isn’t just “nice-to-have” – it’s a must have! I know from my 8+ years industry experience when your eBook looks polished and professional, it boosts your credibility, keeps your brand cohesive and consistent, attracts truckloads of sign-ups (to your lead magnet), converts into sales (ka-ching), and draws lots of new clients and eyes on your product, AND it also amps up your brand recognition (... now who doesn't want that?)
Now that you have successfully converted your eBook to the desired format, you can save it on your computer or you can transfer it to straight to any of the eBook readers that are connected to your computer. Calibre also helps you download eBooks, edit them and even lets you manage. Since it already has its own independent eBook reading software you do not need to download a separate one.
: STEP EIGHT // It's here that you review your sparkling new eBook design. :-) Take a few days to go over it, print it out, make notes and write over it, and once you're happy with your changes, send your revisions and feedback through to me. Once received, I’ll set to work on perfecting and finalizing your eBook design - taking into account your notes and feedback, before I send you a new revised draft for your approval
I have 15 years of experience doing proofreading, copyediting, and transcribing. I have worked for a proofreading and copyediting company for ten years. And I currently transcribe audio and proofread and edit books on a regular basis for two publishing companies. I have proofread, edited, and helped publish over 150 books. I have done ebook formatting for Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Apple iBookstore, Kobo, and other digital platforms along with print book formatting for Createspace, Lightning Source, and LuLu. Additionally, I am an expert web designer and server manager, having designed and/or developed over 100 websites. I also manage shared hosting, virtual private servers, dedicated hosting, and cloud hosting environments.
The trade-off among these methods involve quality, time, and price. As the old saying goes, you can generally pick two. In order to get all three, you’re going to need to become an ebook maven yourself, which will take a fair amount of time, but which will allow you to control all of the variables yourself. Let’s look at the options, and you can see whether that’s the road you want to take.
I’ve published a dozen or so books for the Kindle platform and while it’s easy to upload the finished book and fill out the forms to make them available for sale, it’s really hard formatting the books properly, even if you use Amazon’s directions. I picked up a copy of Ultimate eBook Creator myself a few years ago and I’ve found it to be easy to use and it’s never given me any trouble at all. Nitin also updates Ultimate eBook Creator regularly and adds features as people request them, and all of the updates are free.
This program is licensed as a free tool and is a great and compelling alternative for all the expensive software available out there. It is extremely competitive even to the high-end and pricey eBook creator tools online. However, Scribus is a program that is not easy to comprehend at one go hence, you need to understand it first and get used to it which takes some time.
What does it take to build a great AR experience? That’s the question we asked ourselves when creating a new augmented reality app for MWC Barcelona (formerly Mobile World Congress). To celebrate Android’s annual Partner Walk scavenger hunt, we put an AR-spin on what’s become a beloved tradition. Rather than search for enamel pins as in years past, the app prompted attendees to roam the event collecting life-sized animated AR characters, further enhancing the experience and improving engagement.As you think about how AR can help you with your next design project, we wanted to share some things we learned from building this experience and watching people use it in the wild.Download the app to try it for yourself, and read on for our tips.1. Test your assumptionsA seemingly simple interaction of “scanning” a floor decal and looking up to see an entertaining 3D animation is surprisingly difficult. Breaking down this user interaction, it actually includes a lot of parts—like the physical design of the decal, all the 2D UI, and all the 3D AR elements. We discovered that people continued to look at the floor decal unless there were multiple AR elements, like an animated dotted line, to assist the user to pan their camera phone up.2. Make it usefulThe pin hunt gives attendees a goal to find all the partner booths in the cavernous halls of the MWC conference. As we thought about the AR companion to that experience, the problem became clear: How do we point the person to the next partner booth? This question is one that AR is uniquely equipped to solve. We took some lessons from Google Maps to help us design the scavenger hunt’s AR elements. We made each floor decal unique; scanning one would tell users where they are in the Android Partner Walk, and enable us to point them to uncollected pins nearby.3. Bring delightIt was awesome to see MWC attendees’ smiles and surprise when collecting their AR Android pins. These were people in business suits, roaming the show floor between meetings, engaged with a collection experience where they were willing to walk long distances to complete the challenge. We put a lot of care in developing the 21 fully-animated 3D scenes and were glad people enjoyed them.4. Be responsiveOne of our biggest worries was a user pointing their camera at the floor decal and it either 1) not triggering at all or 2) unresponsive for an unacceptable amount of time. Anything over two seconds starts to make users question whether they have done something wrong or whether the app is buggy—both are poor user experiences. Related to responsiveness, we also felt that these AR collection interactions should be short and sweet. We wanted the attendees to see a delightful Android, collect it, and quickly orient to the next booth to visit: all in under 30 seconds.5. Learn from your mistakesLike any project, once it’s in the wild, you realize some things should have been done differently. One lesson is that we should’ve made the floor decals much larger. When placed next to our office desks, they seemed huge, but when placed in the Fira Barcelona conference hall, they looked quite tiny. Lesson learned! For future projects, we’ll be sure to test physical elements onsite.You don’t have to have attended MWC to experience this app for yourself. Download it now on your ARCore-compatible device and play around with placing the animated AR pins anywhere you like.By design director Joshua To and designer Steve Toh of Google AR/VR
The Ultimate eBook Creator software is easy to install and it runs on Windows (and Mac, if you have an emulator.) It just takes a minute or two to set up Ultimate eBook Creator. The user interface is quite intuitive, so you’ll likely not have a hard time figuring out how to use it. There’s a set of features on the left side and a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor in the right hand pane. You can format text within the right hand pane, just as you can in Microsoft Word or an equivalent program, or you can import documents directly from those programs.
Discover how you can run the practical side of your practice more profitably. This comprehensive guide to managing an interior design business gives you an arsenal of proven procedures and practical tools and techniques perfected over the course of some thirty years. New to this edition are sections on establishing an electronic office, the pros...
One publisher and one administrator included. All others are designated as readers and cannot create or sell eBooks in the Studio/Store. Both conventional and multimedia (ePub3) books can be created, sold and downloaded. Perfect for the self-published author who wants to have a quick way to brand him/her self and have a way to publish and market directly to readers through a cross-platform mobile platform. This installs on the server of the client with assistance of our technologist.
- FIXED FEE OR HOURLY RATE. NINE YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A SUCCESSFUL FREELANCER. YOUR GOALS ARE MY GOALS. My hourly rate is $35.00. "Fixed rates" available after I learn the details of the job. Upon acceptance of contract, a 50% deposit will be placed in escrow with Upwork and milestones will be established with payments made as the work proceeds. - CREATIVE BOOK DESIGNER: Formatting and design of book interiors and book covers for Amazon's KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), Kindle, Lightning Source and Ingram Spark. I am passionate about the creation of well-designed printed books. I am aware that the "look" and "feel" of a book sells it as much as does the content. - SELF-PUBLISHING PROFESSIONAL: Nine year's experience in assisting authors to self-publish their books and ebooks. - EXPERIENCED EDITOR: I have many years' experience in writing and editing. My editing includes red-line tracking, correction of grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence and paragraph restructuring, as/if needed, and comments to the author, as needed. - WRITER: Article writing. Ghost writing. Adding content to client's manuscripts. - ABOUT ME: I have a B. A. in journalism. I am a full-time freelance editor/ghostwriter and book designer based in Florida in the USA. I assist my clients, as needed, with the entire "self-publishing" procedure. I require excellence in myself in all of my endeavors, and I often go beyond the specified requirements of the clients that I work with to assure that they are getting the very best that their product can be. - FEEDBACK FROM A FEW OF MY CLIENTS: Editing medical manuscript, ghostwriting, book interior formatting and design book cover Jean is one of the most professional, flexible, and understanding contractors I've worked with. She has done an incredible job on our project and truly without her it would have not been possible. I HIGHLY recommend her: you will not be disappointed! Sgaglani Non-fiction Business / Self-help Book Developmental Editor Excellent development & copy editor! Very good at communication, meeting the deadlines, and superb quality of work. Will certainly hire for any other (non-fiction) book editing work we need! SDR Creative layout for book with illustrations “I totally enjoyed the process of creating the layout of this book with Jean. I was a novice to book writing, so she gave me expert advice on all aspects, from soup to nuts. She is particularly adept at guiding you through the look and feel of your book according to the subject matter. I appreciated the continuous feedback and updates. I look forward to doing more projects with her.”— andredix Underwater, the Memoir “Jean was wonderful to work with on getting my book ready for publication through CreateSpace and Kindle. Her response and turnaround times were amazingly fast. Highly knowledgeable and experienced. I love the look of my book; in addition, I felt she really cared about my project, a memoir that is close to my heart. I'm so grateful I found...