Amazon recently unloaded a new version of their Kindle to the perhaps “less than eager” reading public. With publishers losing over 3 billion dollars a year to eBook piracy, mostly due to the insecure Digital Rights Management of Amazon’s and other eBook retailer’s platforms, it makes you wonder how long publishers will keep selling their digital and print books through the giant online retailers. But, most importantly, the reading public is changing their reading habits. Each day, more and more readers are using whichever mobile device they have with them, so it makes having “extra” devices like the Kindle superfluous.
Here is a list of best free eBook Creator software for Windows. These eBook maker software are absolutely free to use, and help you to convert documents formats like: DOCX, HTML, ePUB, PDF, DJVU, and TXT to various eBook formats such as: ePUB, DOCX, MOBI, PDF, and PRC. Some of these software also help you to: add Cover picture to your eBook, add Icon, add meta description (tile, author, description, etc.), table of content, etc. to your eBook.
That said, there's a growing movement towards free and 'freemium' content on the web. And the quality of the content is often on a par with the books you'd part with cash for. Clearly nobody can afford to print and distribute free physical books, but in this age of tablets, smartphones and laptops the electronic book offers a fantastic, and very cheap, way to spread this content. If you do have some cash to spare, take a minute to browse our guide to the best graphic design books – you can be sure you won't be wasting your money.
Another manifesto from the ChangeThis.com website, this offering from author Stephen Hay—one of the speakers at our Generate conference—provides a methodology for converting client input (which may often be extremely vague!) into a meaningful design approach. As with Hugh MacLeod’s book, this free PDF offers a personal insight into the process, demonstrating its value.
Sigil is a multi platform, free eBook maker software. You can easily add metadata information to your ePub and HTML files with the help of this free software. It also lets you add cover picture, table of content, and index. Add, edit content to your eBook. You can also add eBook cover to the ePub file. This editor has a very interesting feature of spell check as well. Accepted input formats are HTML and ePub, while the only output format is ePub. This software provides facility to edit font styling, add audio, video and images to your eBook. Add super script, subscript, strike-through, tables, lists, hyperlinks and different forms of headings to your file. Sigil lets you view your file both in normal view and code view. Once you are done with editing, save your eBook in the form of ePub. The software is only available for Windows and iOS.
Anything. Well, within reason. Ebooks are simply a marketer's way of delivering lots of critical information in a form their potential customers are most willing to read it. An environmental company might write an ebook all about water conservation. They also might focus an ebook entirely on how their water-saving product is used, or how it helped a customer solve a problem. Discover more ebook ideas at the end of this article.
The more complex your product is, the more information your customers will need to use it correctly. If your product or service can be used in multiple ways, or it's hard to set up alone, dedicate a brief ebook to showing people how it's done. In the first section of your ebook, for example, explain how to launch your product or service. In the second section, break down the individual features and purposes your product is best used for.
While ebooks can be catered to achieve certain goals, the way most marketers use ebooks is to generate new leads at the top of the funnel. To achieve this goal, your ebook content should be majorly educational -- not product focused -- in nature. But does that mean you can't or shouldn't sneak in a few mentions of your product or service into them when appropriate? Absolutely not! In fact, when people are just starting to learn about your business in the awareness stage of the sales cycle, they probably know very little about the products and services you offer.
If you want to enjoy the two basic features of creating and publishing eBooks, then Liberio will be suitable for that purpose that will deliver you both options on one platform. The best thing in favor of Liberio is its straightforward book creating system. Write, design and publish are the three most important advantages that you will surely like to have. There are not too much features in the Liberio;…
6. The value of promotion. I wrote a separate Slideshare about the way our Embellisher™ is a simple and effective way to market eBooks. In fact, this value is so important that I’m holding frequent webinars and teaching online courses about it. Once again, the value is in the fact that since we’re a mobile app, the author can take it with him/her to work on the run, so to speak. The total privacy is the factor that our competition does not have, and it makes our system more valuable to the publisher.
So, with all that in mind, what content can you get for free in the field of graphic and web design? You could check out this list of free books for web designers, but if it’s e-books covering a broader design remit that you’re after, a quick search on your favorite search engine will reveal hundreds of offerings, making it difficult to sift the wheat from the chaff. But we’ve saved you the trouble, so here goes...
I am an experienced writer in novels, short stories, articles, and copywriting, as well as an experienced graphic artist with several award winning works. I'm published in young adult fiction with several novels available. I've been working with the publishing industry for five years. I have twelve years experience working in the interactive media department of a newspaper company, and have developed copy for websites and advertisements. I have sixteen years experience in writing and designing for online media. My online advertisements have won several awards from the North Carolina Press Association. I have designed websites for real estate agents, newspapers, dentists, petting zoos, martial arts schools, beauty salons, and more. I also have two years experience in formatting ebooks and print books for sale through online book stores. I thoroughly proof all files before delivering the final formatted product to my clients.
3. Right after the last chapter, thank the reader for spending time with you, and politely ask for a review. Make sure there is a link there to the book's page at the retailer's website. For example, a link to the Amazon page. Readers are more likely to click a readily available link, than to go search for your book so they can leave a review. Make it easy.
2. The value of delivery to the end consumer: a reader of digital content. The reader gets to experience exactly what the author/publisher intends to deliver. Not only that but the eBook can be in conventional (ePub2 format, .mobi Kindle format, or .pdf Adobe Reader format) as well as the cutting-edge ePub3 format. And, if they wish, they can push a button to order the print-on-demand version of the book and have it shipped to them. There are no “middlemen” taking a slice out of that business experience, as in a gatekeeper’s fee or as in confusing extra logins and deliveries to different devices. The communication is between the publisher and the reader–scratch off those sneaky middlemen!
After you have a template picked out, you need to replace the template’s default images with images that fit your book. You can find free images easily using stock photo sites like Pexels, Pixabay and Unsplash and you can edit those images just as easily using a free online tool like Pixlr. (Note: Double-check the permissions and fine print when downloading images from free stock photo sites.)
My passion is storytelling, that almost-lost art of making sense with style, conviction and ease, no matter if that tale is a book of fiction or non-fiction, a training manual requiring precision and branding, or a monthly newsletter to members or prospects that means engagement or leads. I help authors of all kinds refine their stories so they can reach their full potential, free of errors and omissions, yet full of the writer’s own style and voice. I help design environments in books and other publications that attract attention to that message in a sleek and modern style, without clutter and never detracting from the integrity of the narrative. My experience in book publishing allows me to guide authors through the self-publishing maze, including Createspace, Lightning Souce/IngramSpark, Lulu and Blurb for print books; Kindle, iBooks, Kobo, Nook, Google for eBooks; and intermediaries such as Smashwords, BookBaby and Draft2Digital. My clients also benefit from my knowledge of and feel for the general-interest, health, and business audiences, gained through three decades of work as a writer, editor, and designer interacting daily with readers of all types and callings. My editing/design services include: * Concept or developmental editing * Copy/line editing * Final proofreading * Book and periodical cover and interior layout and formatting * eBook conversion and submission * Publishing and distribution consultation Let me help you take your work, your creativity, your message to the next level – the eye level on the Top Shelf.
“This year, we choose to show how design enables us to create a common future beyond all the differences, whether it’s for products, services, or public policy choices.” — Gaël Perdriau, Mayor of Saint-ÉtienneThe Saint-Étienne Design Biennale opens today in central France. Over the next month, the city will host a variety of exhibitions, events, and conferences that address salient topics in the design, art, and research community. As part of this year’s Biennale, the Material Design team collaborated with tech guru John Maeda to present the interactive exhibition Design in Tech. Opening this week at Cité du Design—and running until April 22—attendees can get hands-on with Material Design’s approach to color, typography, icons, and elevation, and explore key insights from Maeda’s 2019 Design in Tech Report. We hope to see you there! And for those that can’t make it, we’ve got an interview with Maeda and Material Design’s Rachel Been on the symbiotic (and evolving) relationship between design and development.Read “A New Religion for Designers”
The topic of the first anthology is war. The title of the anthology is WAR STORIES ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. The method of the artistry will be to create stories that have an element of speculation in each one. Therefore, they will categorized as fiction, although we will be soliciting stories by authors who have experienced war, whether while in the military or as a civilian living in a war-torn country. These stories can be in the genres of Science Fiction, Adventure, Mystery, Alternate History, and Fantasy.
9. Use dingbats or images for your scene breaks. Simple asterisks look unprofessional (although, truth be told, most readers don't care), and empty lines look accidental and can be confusing if they occur on a page break. A dingbat or an image will make your ebook stand out, and you can use something that represents an element of your book. Click here for instructions on how to create the perfect scene break using the Jutoh software. (Note: the first paragraph after a scene break should not be indented.)
A traditional eBook usually looks like a textbook chapter: It’s got an introduction, a list of sections, and a lot of text that follows a linear progression of concepts designed to be read in order. There’s usually some kind of summary conclusion at the end. This structure has worked with print for years. But it’s not a structure that translates well to the web.
Ebooks have some system of chapters and supporting images. Similar to a blog post, they also do well when further segmenting their text with subheaders that break down the discussion into specific sections. If you're writing about professional sports, for example, and one of your chapters is about Major League Baseball (MLB) in the U.S., you might want to establish subchapters about the various teams belonging to the MLB.
3. The value of the editing experience done right: a reader of digital content in the Embellisher™ system gets to view instant revisions made over a cross-platform mobile network. When the publisher changes something, the subscriber sees it–no lengthy waits for uploads, approvals, dis-approvals, and confusing downloads. The corrected version instantly appears in the reader’s library, ready to read the next installment or to read the notice of a new installment to enjoy. This saves both the creator Publisher and the reader consumers both time and money.
Depending on your business and industry, you likely have a different buyer personas , whether you segment your target audience by demographics, skill level, topic interest, or something else. So if part of your strategy is to create content that is personalized for or targeted to these different audience segments, one helpful way to organize and differentiate between your content assets is through a tagging system. Incorporate your schema in your ebook design so your readers know which particular ebooks will be of interest to them, and which ebooks won't. You can do this in a number of ways -- through iconography, color schemes, or tags.
The movement against what the Smashwords CEO called “a monopoly preventing free expression” has begun against Amazon. We believe our product will help publishers and enterprising authors to gain a foothold in this battle to take-back the author/reader relationship. Our platform is the only mobile platform that permits publishers to run a complete publishing business through their cell phone, iPad and tablet. No more middlemen to take 30% off the top. No more piling your books into “all you can devour” buffets like Kindle Unlimited. Our clients work hard to establish the best relationships they can with their readers and students. They expect to receive the majority of the profits as well.
After searching far and wide many months for an editor/publisher for ebooks to assist me in self-publishing a hard copy print book (2005) that is updated, modified and adjusted to run smoothly on a fully digital format, I discovered Kotobee in Sept 2015. Over the past 5 months, we have collaborated closely to generate a stunning, highly interactive and fun ebook to teach Youth about money and healthy habits of money management. I commend Kotobee for its professionalism and reliable efforts in support of iwealth.org‘s pioneering program for teaching Financial Intelligence and Literacy to Youth ages 11-18.
I’ve published a dozen or so books for the Kindle platform and while it’s easy to upload the finished book and fill out the forms to make them available for sale, it’s really hard formatting the books properly, even if you use Amazon’s directions. I picked up a copy of Ultimate eBook Creator myself a few years ago and I’ve found it to be easy to use and it’s never given me any trouble at all. Nitin also updates Ultimate eBook Creator regularly and adds features as people request them, and all of the updates are free.
- FIXED FEE OR HOURLY RATE. NINE YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A SUCCESSFUL FREELANCER. YOUR GOALS ARE MY GOALS. My hourly rate is $35.00. "Fixed rates" available after I learn the details of the job. Upon acceptance of contract, a 50% deposit will be placed in escrow with Upwork and milestones will be established with payments made as the work proceeds. - CREATIVE BOOK DESIGNER: Formatting and design of book interiors and book covers for Amazon's KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), Kindle, Lightning Source and Ingram Spark. I am passionate about the creation of well-designed printed books. I am aware that the "look" and "feel" of a book sells it as much as does the content. - SELF-PUBLISHING PROFESSIONAL: Nine year's experience in assisting authors to self-publish their books and ebooks. - EXPERIENCED EDITOR: I have many years' experience in writing and editing. My editing includes red-line tracking, correction of grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence and paragraph restructuring, as/if needed, and comments to the author, as needed. - WRITER: Article writing. Ghost writing. Adding content to client's manuscripts. - ABOUT ME: I have a B. A. in journalism. I am a full-time freelance editor/ghostwriter and book designer based in Florida in the USA. I assist my clients, as needed, with the entire "self-publishing" procedure. I require excellence in myself in all of my endeavors, and I often go beyond the specified requirements of the clients that I work with to assure that they are getting the very best that their product can be. - FEEDBACK FROM A FEW OF MY CLIENTS: Editing medical manuscript, ghostwriting, book interior formatting and design book cover Jean is one of the most professional, flexible, and understanding contractors I've worked with. She has done an incredible job on our project and truly without her it would have not been possible. I HIGHLY recommend her: you will not be disappointed! Sgaglani Non-fiction Business / Self-help Book Developmental Editor Excellent development & copy editor! Very good at communication, meeting the deadlines, and superb quality of work. Will certainly hire for any other (non-fiction) book editing work we need! SDR Creative layout for book with illustrations “I totally enjoyed the process of creating the layout of this book with Jean. I was a novice to book writing, so she gave me expert advice on all aspects, from soup to nuts. She is particularly adept at guiding you through the look and feel of your book according to the subject matter. I appreciated the continuous feedback and updates. I look forward to doing more projects with her.”— andredix Underwater, the Memoir “Jean was wonderful to work with on getting my book ready for publication through CreateSpace and Kindle. Her response and turnaround times were amazingly fast. Highly knowledgeable and experienced. I love the look of my book; in addition, I felt she really cared about my project, a memoir that is close to my heart. I'm so grateful I found...
eBook creator are those software that makes the authors, writers and publishers enable to create their digital and eBooks. Having an eBook is more advantageous as compared to the traditional hard copies books because you can read these from any supporting devices and can share with others as well. These type of books are in digital form that contains the all formats like simple book like text, images, graphical data, table of content, etc. Moreover, some eBook creators enable their users to embed their multimedia files even in the eBook as well. The trend of reading and compiling eBooks is gradually increasing in the world because of the easiness and simplicity involved in this. One of the biggest advantages of eBook is that after creating the eBook, the users can publish his eBook on the top eBook selling platforms like Google Play Store, Kobo, Amazon’s Kindle, Apple’s iBooks, etc. Below is the list of those eBook creator and management software that will provide you the at least three functions of writing, designing and sharing. By using these below mentioned software, you can make eBooks as these should be. These will make you able to enjoy photo album creation, birthdays and anniversaries data book, cooking recipe database, cocktail recipe database, personal travel guide, personal dictionary/glossary, shopping list, simple generic database, personal wine database and much more.
My goal as a graphic designer is to team with employers and clients, efficiently creating successful, top-quality print designs that perfectly meet their needs. I delight in creating beautiful designs and making you look good. Over the past twelve years in the design field, I have maintained an excellent record with employers, clients, and team members. Clear communication and promptness are high priorities in all my work, and clients frequently comment on my speed and the quality of my work. I am always glad to discuss projects, so don't hesitate to drop me a line and I'll get back to you shortly.
Unlike blog posts, ebooks are high-commitment pieces of content because of their length, so you need to make sure you're demonstrating the value up front in a compelling way. For instance, one HubSpot ebook is titled 15 Business Blogging Mistakes & Easy Fixes with the subtitle, "How to Fix the Most Common Blogging Bloopers." The main title is both descriptive and demonstrates value in itself, but the subtitle also makes it sound like an even more interesting read.
Let me tell you, although it was an exciting discovery for writers, it was still a straining job to use this machine and it was very time consuming. In today’s world a lot of technology has improved on how the written information can be spread around the world but no much has been done to make the writer’s job easier. The cost is still the same either you spend a lot of time or a lot of money.
Kids can learn how multimedia elements can help them tell a story as they choose from the various options and make a book. Because the page count is unlimited and the options allow for multiple types of expression, kids can experiment and really demonstrate their creativity. Completed books can be posted in iBooks or Google Play Books, sent to others via email, uploaded to Dropbox, or printed to self-assess and get feedback. Book Creator is an excellent way for kids to practice their writing skills and enjoy crafting a digital book with multiple forms of expression.
9. The value of growing the publisher’s brand. When a publisher purchases a tailored installation of our system, he or she receives much more than a piece of cold software. No, we provide the human training and the motivation to realize the importance of giving independent authors the respect they deserve. We want our publishers to send their authors to school before installing our system. That’s why we created the online courses, online tutorials, and online webinars. I learned when I taught through the Caltech Industrial Relations Center that the successful companies relied on training to make their teams successful. We don’t sell our products to publishers unless they completely understand the importance of training to their publishing business.
Calibre is an eBook maker which is feature rich, and easy to use. You do not need to worry about the type of document you are writing your eBook on. You can make your own eBook from a wide range of Input formats (AZW, AZW3, AZW4, CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, DJVU, DOCX, EPUB, FB2, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, and TXTZ), and convert them into any popular eBook format like EPUB, DOCX, HTML, MOBI, PDF,TXT, etc. You can also add detailed metadata to your eBook on Calibre. It lets you manage your already published/ downloaded eBook, and share your eBook with others. An inbuilt eBook reader is an added advantage to this free eBook maker.